Friday, February 8, 2013

Fit Friday!

I apologize for my absence from this blog but life has been crazy. My future mother-in-law had a heart attack last week. (She is okay, home with new meds and diet changes.) I've also been battling a ton of stress.

I've continued with Noom, though not perfectly.

Today I worked out, lightly. By that I mean I did some actual working out (crunches, planking, rear kick thingies) but mainly I just tried to keep moving during my normal daily tasks. Bouncing on my toes while standing still, swaying my hips, just trying to move more.

I'm especially focusing on my abs and obliques right now because I'm wearing a sari to my court wedding. Saris show part of the midriff.

I'd like to start the C25K again. It's been some months since I completed it and I was very slow at the end, so that I was running for half an hour but not for 5K. So I think starting it over would be good. But I admit I'm nervous about the prospect for a few reasons. One is the pollution here. I've had like pre-asthma for years, just having slight respiratory distress when I exert myself in the cold. But that was back home in the US where the air is clean (I lived in a rural area.) Here the air is heavily polluted and exerting myself in it by running outside may help me develop full blown asthma... at the same time maybe it won't. Or maybe the asthma developing is inevitable and this way I'd be having a stronger heart and lungs from the workout when it kicked in.

The other thing that makes me nervous is everyone keeps giving me horror stories of attackers and abductors, especially with that gang rape situation that I know was all over the international news. So the idea is that if I work out in the neighborhood with regularity maybe someone nefarious will take note and lie in wait... maybe paranoid. Maybe wise. For now I could go out at different times of day so I'm unpredictable. But the spring is brief here and before the 9 weeks are up I'd only be able to run in the early morning due to the heat.

I don't know. I think I'll pray about it. And maybe get pepper spray. ;)

Linking up with Get Fit Fridays.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I hope you figure out a way to safely get your exercise in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the link up! I loved the C25K! Do you carry an inhaler with you when you run? Running in a heavily polluted city is hard maybe an inhaler would help? Any indoor gyms to join? Sounds like your ready and excited to start up!!

    ReplyDelete